Thursday, February 16, 2012

Your Own GPS System

Do you listen to your inner guidance system? Everyone has one. Some might call it your higher self, your spirit, or your super-conscious. It is your inner voice, or that still small voice.
 
It is that inner knowing. Sadly it is often buried under so much programming and beliefs that often it is neglected and unheard. Often it is immediately edited out with all of the programming, beliefs and habits you have accumulated over the years.

The best way I know to describe it is, it is that 'knowing' you get when you open the refrigerator door and you 'know' you don't need anything to eat. But then immediately your other programming, beliefs and habits kick in and you edit out what you really 'know' and rationalize it with things like, 'but it's been a bad day', 'but I have the munchies'.

You 'know' a lot of things. The answers are inside you. It is learning to recognize it when it is speaking to you and 'catch' it before you immediately edited it out.

It can actually save you from some not so pleasant results.

One such incident for me was, a couple of year ago, I pulled up to a stop sign behind another car at the intersection of a busy highway. We both sat there for a bit waiting for an opening in traffic. The car ahead of me went. I 'heard' my inner knowing say 'Stop', immediately followed by a dialogue of 'if I stop I'll have to wait for another opening in traffic, and besides I was at a complete stop behind that first car'.

While I was still rationalizing to myself why I really didn't need to stop, the red and blue lights came on in my rear view mirror. And I got a lesson in listening to, or should I say ignoring, my inner guidance system, and I 'knew' it as soon as those lights came on.

Luckily for me, the state trooper got an emergency call before he could write me out a ticket. He'd even had his ticket book out and ready. But for me it was lesson learned anyway.

The trick is learn to listen to your 'inner knowing' and catch it before you edit it out and rationalize it.

Hopefully by being aware of it, you will start noticing more of your inner guidance system and 'catching it' before you have unpleasant results.

Even better, is hearing it, listening to it and allowing it to guide your life.  It's never too late to start!
Until next time, have an amazing week!
Jane
Free 30 minute Strategy Session - Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment